Privacy and Cookies policy
Pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679
EU Regulation 2016/679 provides for the right to data protection: in accordance with this law, the processing of such data will take place in compliance with your rights and fundamental freedoms, as well as your dignity, with particular reference to the principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency.
We therefore inform you that:
1) The data you provide are processed in your interest for the following purposes:
- activities related to the services requested by the user, in particular for the organization of aggregation, congress and training events (mandatory conferment)
- fulfillment of legal, accounting / administrative obligations and contract management purposes (mandatory assignment);
- sending communications, information or newsletters relating to new initiatives and services of the Data Controller, associated companies, partners or customers (optional conferment).
2) In accordance with the security requirements, processing will also be carried out through computer systems, as well as with the use of printed materials and images: the processed data will not be transferred outside the European Community;
3) The conferment of data will be through its explicit consent to the processing and the data will be stored for 10 years from the end of the existing relationship;
4) The treatment typically concerns personal data: these will not be disseminated and will be protected by us according to security measures imposed by law;
5) The data, if this is necessary to provide a service and / or service in your interest and for which you have given your consent, may be communicated to:
- to public, welfare, insurance, association or other public or private bodies exclusively for the purpose of fulfilling specific legal obligations
- to external support professionals for the fulfillment of the activities related to the purposes indicated above
6) Holder of the treatment is Symposia Organizzazione Congressi Srl – Piazza Campetto 2/8 – 16123 Genova, Italy, while the Data Processor is the legal representative Massimo Noceti; the appointment of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) is not envisaged because it is not necessary with regard to the data processing performed.
7) as an interested party, you are protected by the rights listed below:
- right to be informed: the user has the right to know how his data are collected, processed, stored and for what purpose, even before they are collected;
- right of access to data: after the data is collected, the user has the right to access it and know how it is processed and stored and for what purpose;
- right of rectification: the user has the right to correct data if incorrect or incomplete;
- right to oblivion and cancellation: the user has the right to be able to cancel his / her personal data forever (except for other legal obligations, especially in the case of reporting to institutions or guarantors);
- right of limitation: the user can limit the use of his data in use or block its use;
- portability right: the user has the right to move, copy or transfer personal data;
- right of opposition: the user has the right to prohibit his / her data from being re-elaborated without explicit consent;
- the right to ban automation: the user has the right not to let decisions about him be left to algorithms or automations.
Cookies are small text files that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment by visited websites; they are stored in the user’s terminal equipment to be then re-transmitted to the websites on the user’s subsequent visits to those websites. They are used for several purposes, they have different features and may be used both by the owner of the website you are now navigating and by other websites (“third party” cookies). As shown below you will find all the information on cookies stored by this website as well as all the information you need to manage your cookie preferences.
Duration of cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed. Other cookies “survive” when the browser is closed and are also available in subsequent user visits. These cookies are called persistent and their duration is set by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases a deadline is set, in other cases the duration is unlimited.
Types of cookies
For the purposes of the legislation contained in the Privacy Code, cookies can be divided into two macro-categories based on their use: “technical” cookies and “profiling” cookies.
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “transmitting a communication over an electronic communication network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide such service “(see art. 122, paragraph 1, of the Privacy Code).
These are cookies used to browse or provide a service requested by the user. They are not used for other purposes.
Without the use of these cookies, some operations could not be performed or would be more complex and/or less secure, such as, for example, home banking (account statement display, bank transfers, bill payments, etc.), for the which cookies, which allow you to make and keep the user’s identification within the session, are essential. They belong to the following categories:
- Navigation or session cookies, guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas). Disabling these cookies will negatively affect the performance of the sites and may make features and service unavailable.
- Analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the website manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the website.
- Functionality cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a set of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service.
For the installation of these cookies, the prior consent of the users is not required, while the obligation to provide information pursuant to art. 13 of the Privacy Code, which the site manager, if he uses only such devices, may provide in the manner he deems most suitable.
Profiling cookies are aimed at creating user profiles and are used in order to send advertising messages according to the preferences shown by the user in the context of web browsing.
Because of the particular invasiveness that such devices can have in the users’ privacy, they require his explicit consent.
During the navigation on a website, the user can also receive on his terminal cookies from different websites or web servers (i.e. “third parties”).
As an example, there may be cookies linked to the services provided by Google Analytics or cookies due to the presence of “social plugins” (for example for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn), generally aimed at sharing content.
The symposiacongressi.com website does not use any type of cookies.
How to disable cookies
The user can decide whether to accept cookies. For this purpose please use the Internet browser settings. Most browsers allow you to manage (view, enable, disable and delete) cookies through settings.
As an example, in Firefox, through the Tools menu > Options > Privacy, you can access a control panel where you can define whether to accept the different types of cookies and remove them. The following websites contain information on how to adjust cookie settings in some popular browsers:
The links above may be subject to changes in time not due to symposiacongressi.com. The same information is, however, easily available using a search engine.
If your browser is not listed, please refer to the cookie information provided by the browser itself. If you use a mobile phone, consult the phone manual for more information. Following the disabling of cookies through the browser settings, we remind you to eliminate those already active before disabling them.